In this teaching from 1986, A. H. Almaas discusses the Liberated Heart. Some of the points discussed are:
- The capacity to feel and to feel freely
- Reactivity versus feeling
- Higher emotional center versus lower emotional center
- Higher emotional center expresses the qualities of essence bringing out the aesthetics of the present moment
- The barrier to the operation of the true heart can be viewed from two perspectives – phenomenological and psychological
- Both boil down to the issue of attachment
- What are the roots of attachment?
- Ego is attachment
- When appreciation is continuous, the higher emotional center is operating
- If you are attached, the you don’t want to see the relationship as it is objctively
- The conceptual mind splits experience into good and bad, pleasure and pain. This influences the heart to function within this splitting.
A couple of definitions that may help with understanding this talk: