5 Under-explored Aspects of Nisargadatta’s Teachings
Below are the outline-notes from A. H. Almaas’ lecture on Nisargadatta.
Please leave questions and comments below.
A. H. Almaas discusses some critical aspects of Nisargadatts Maharaj’s teachings that he feels often fail to get the attention needed to fully understand the teaching.
1. Nondual teaching making consciousness primary: 3:33 – 7:50
2. Mostly missed point: the importance of the point of light, related to method or process as the “I Am.” Since his method is to abide in the I am which leads to the realization of the Absolute: 7:53 – 22:20
3. Another missed point: It is not the usual teaching of nonduality: awareness of the absolute is a solid mass, a rock-like immensity. Rarely mentioned by nondual teachers: 22:20 – 27:35
4. Nisargadatta emphasizes that Absolute as awareness is not aware of itself, or awareness not aware of itself. Absolute looking at its mysterious emptiness: 27:37 – 33:00
5. Another missed point: Absolute sometimes as beyond knowing and perception: 33:05 – 35:47
6. Effectiveness of his teaching in students attaining to his realization, and possible reasons for it. Maybe some had attained a similar realization after the I am That book appeared, but have not heard or known anybody with the same stature or depth: 36:25 – 48:20